6.12.2008

June 9

Well, the Bolivians know how to make a girl feel good on her birthday! I got a happy birthday text i the middle of class, and Sheena met me for lunch with a balloon and a rose! After I was done with class, Nate came in saying, ¨Valerie I have some things I need to talk to you about...¨ All serious and stuff. He brought me to a cafe where...SORPESA! All my amigos in Bolivia from UTB and MTU were there with flowers and a GIANT piece of chocolate cake. the bolivians have a game they play--everyone is yelling ¨Se muerde! Se muerde!¨ = ¨Bite it! Bite it!¨ and you are supposed to take a bit of the cake directly, no hands, no fork, just teeth. Its tradition, you know. Just tehn Nate smacked my head and my face was suddenly covered in chocolate! Oh I didn´t realize I was so gullible!

Anyways, great fun with that crowd. I went home around 8 and...SORPRESA! The family was there was a cream pie and cards from the little boys. According to them, my name is Baleria. And thecards (hand-made) were covered drawings of ¨patitos feos¨...ugly ducklings! What??? Hmmm.... I got to fight with the boys over blowing out the candle while Sheena took picutres. Then I heard...¨Se muerde! Se muerde!¨ Well I knew what was coming! So I took a sneak bite before Caleb or Limbert could smack my face in the cream pie. :) A great Bolivian birthday!

No comments: