6.08.2008

June 8 La Feria















Today I went to a fair! I went to a fair downtown, on El Prado, with Sheena. I met a whole bunch of her friends, most of whose names I dont´remember, and most of whom I could not really speak with. Ah well...its coming. Part of the fair was an exposition for all the local universities who have environmental science programs.














I talked with one guy, Mauricio (he´s in the above foto with Sheena and and me), for a while about his group´s efforts at recycling programs. Cool. The rest of the fair is there every Sunday. They close the street off and have clowns, musicians, artists, and some stages with big bands. We danced for a while to one band that played reggae, rock, some columbian and bolivian music--very fun!



(The band is Atajo! in the foto above) However, after dancing for an hour or so I was completely exhausted. I have not had any exercise since I got here and I´m still not sure I could at this altitude! Just walking around during the day is pretty tiring. So we came home, took a nap, and I started reading 3 Cups of Tea, the story of Greg Mortenson building schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan. I am going to meet him in August!

Hoy, fui a una feria! Fui a feria al centro, en el Prado, con Sheena. Reunia con mucha de sus amigos, pero no recuerdo mas de las nombres. Pues. Parte de la feria era un exposicion para local universidades que tienen programas de ciencia ambiental. Hablaba con un hombre, Mauricia, para unos minutos de su programas de reciclar. Bien. El resto de la feria esta alla cada los Domingos. Cerra la calle y hay clowns, musica, artistas, y bandas. Bailabamos para unas horas con una banda que toque reggae, rock, y algo musica de colombia y bolivia. Sin embargo, despues de bailando para unas horas, era completamente cansada. No he tenia ejercicia (?) hasta yo llegue y todavia no estoy segura que ejercicaria a este altitud. Solamente andando durante el dia hace me consada. Luego, volviamos a casa, siestabamos (?), y yo comenzaba a leyendo 3 Tazas de Te, la historia de Greg Mortenson construyendo escuelas en Pakistan y Afghanistan. Voy a encontrarlo en agosto!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog ... much more interesting than my time since June 1st. I was at Marygrove with five directees for retreat and then on to Menominee for a wonderful man, Roger Thompson, who went to God on Monday at the age of 61 ... and then back to Chassell last night (June 7th) ... missing you ,.. God bless ... Sister Ellen