6.08.2008

June 7

I just realized I´ve been forgetting to fill in the title box. That probably makes it easier to read on the blog. Also I apologize now (or again?) that I can´t change the text color. I know its really dark but when I try and change it theonly thing that changes is bullets or numbers. Oops. Soon I hope to have pictures that are brighter and easier to look at and speak for themselves...

I´ve ended a week of Spanish class, and learned approximately 6 of the 8 tenses? Ay ay ay. The pronunciation might be easy, but the structure of this language I am struggling with. It looks something like this. For the verb ¨to go¨

1. I will go (future)
2. I´m going to go (differen future)
3. I would go (conditional)
4. I go (present)
5. I am going (different present)
6. I have gone (past)
7. I had gone (past)
8. I went (past for events or facts)
9. I went (past but for stories)

So you change the verb (the translation of ¨to go¨is ¨ir¨) to one of those tenses for whatever person you are talking about (1st person, 2nd person, 3rd person, singular or plural) which means there are approximately 54 different conjugations for EACH VERB. Latin America has kindly decided not to use the second person plural, so that leaves me with just 48 conjugations to learn. Nice. I am realizing how nice it was to be a little kid and learn English without realizing it. No translation today.

No comments: