6.07.2008

June 2



Well, obviously I have not done so well on updating this every day. I have been much busier than I thought, going to class at 8:30 each day and getting home at 6:00, then with homework to do. Also I haven´t been able to post pictures because my camera isn´t compatible with my host family´s computer... I am getting to an internet cafe tonight and hope to post pictures ther. Also I´ve kept a journal of the days somewhat, so maybe I can post from there...

Anyways, some interesting things:

1. ONly three days of class and already I am conversing about global warming, culture, books and movies, other countries, and indigenous versus Catholic religions! Wow, learning fast.
2. I am tall here!!!! Not giant by any means, but most Bolivian women are shorter than me. :) I purchased a really cool alpaca wool sweater at the market and found that it is almost too short for me! When I get clothes in the US they are ALWAYS too long.
3. Tomorrow the other MTU students arrive, I will have to be careful not to fall into the habit of English.
4. Que mas? This is a very nice city in a huge valley of canyons, like if you put Florence, Italy in Zion canyon. Que interesante! The surroundings are beautiful red and grey rock walls, and it is nearly 1000 feet up from my house to my school (across about 5 miles).

Ok, more later, time for class! Hasta luego..

1 comment:

Sts. Sergius and Herman said...

Hi Valerie,

Beautiful day in Chassell. We moved the pigs today!!! Your chickens are doing well. We still have them inside.

It will be great to see pictures of Bolivia. I'm sure you will have a great time.

We'll keep watching your blog : )

Lynn